- An A4 sheet of paper ( i used 80gsm paper/copy paper)
- A pencil
- 2 1/2″(about 6cm) circular object for sketching circle ( you can use a circle punch if you have one)
Folding,tracing, cutting and shaping
- Fold the A4 piece of paper in half to make an A5 size. Fold again in half this time along the length.
- Using the circular object trace circles and cut.
- The carnation flower will need 8 layers so that means 8 circles.
- If you are going to use thicker paper you may have to skip the folding as it will be hard to cut once folded.
- Fold the circles 4 times creating 8 sectors.
- Draw a small circle in the centre as a guide to how far you can cut (you can use a very small button or anything small if you want to be exact).
- Cut along the lines you folded to the circumference of the inner circle.
- Pinch the petal in half (you can score them first if you prefer).
Glue the flower together by placing one layer on top of the other making sure to alternate the petals.Watch the video to see how you can go about assembling the flower