- An A4sheet of paper (i used 80gsm/copy paper)
- 2 1/2 inches (about 6cm) diameter object
- Straight edge Scissors
- scalloped or zigzag scissors (optional)
Folding,tracing, cutting and shaping
- Fold the A4 piece of paper in half to make an A5 size. Fold again in half this time along the length.
- Using the circular object trace circles and cut.You can use a paper punch if you have one.
- The carnation flower will need 8 layers so that means 8 circles.
- If you are going to use thicker paper you may have to skip the folding as it will be hard to cut once folded.
- Fold the circles 2 times creating 4 sectors.
- Pinch the pointed end (1cm or 1/2 an inch)
- Using the scissors make a scalloped edge or zigzag edge (i used a normal scissors)
- Cut along the folded lines to separate the petals (or while the circles are still folded cut from the folded or scored line to the edge of the circle).
- Fold the petals three times to give them a ruffled look
After you finish shaping the petals open them up and glue them together by putting one layer on top of the other alternating the petals. Watch the video to better understand what has been explained.
- Colour the edge of the petals to make them look like real carnations